You are hereForums /

MPN's picture

MTBA Rules and Regulation

PMBC members.

If you wish to read the MTBA rules and regulations the information can be found below;

http://www.mtba.asn.au/resources/category/11-tec...

Best regards

Martin Nugent

ttmtb's picture

Marrinup Entries List

Please find the entries list for Marrinups race on Sunday attached.

Please also take note if you still owe $5 for a number plate as you will need to pay when you collect your plate.

This is a really easy thing to miss on the entries system (a simple click) and there are 31 people who have done it which is $155 club revenue that goes to WAMBA Smiling

Jenny King (Vic)is also racing in the Elite Women as she is here for the Junior Development Camp the following week end.

Massive thanks must also go to Martin Danger and Peter Byatt for organizing this race.

See you Sunday.

MPN's picture

MTBA Rules and Regulations

MTBA rules and regulations can be found here.

regards

MPN

ttmtb's picture

MTBA Integration meeting report

I was asked to represent PMBC by our president Martin Nugent at a meeting with MTBA in Canberra this week.

Because PMBC were the only club invited from WA, I felt I was representing all of the WA clubs at this meeting. That is why I have compiled this report and why I am posting it here.

I have also emailed this report to the other MTB clubs I have contact details for.

If you would like to contact me for further clarification please feel free:

tonymtb@bogpond.com

ttmtb's picture

Junior and Coaching Development Camps Press Release

The Perth Mountain Bike Club are holding a Junior Development (JDC) and Coaching Development camp specifically for mountain biking in Pemberton on the 12 - 14 July 2013.

Both of these camps are already full but we have attached a brief story and press release to let you know what we are up to.

Big Mike's picture

PMBC Club kit order

Below is a preview, click to read the full post

Due to popular demand, I'll be placing an order for the PMBC club kit in 4 weeks time (2nd July).

Here's the deal, jerseys are $90, knicks are $140. This is at cost price!

Get your club kit in 3 easy steps:
1. email me: mikey.reeves@gmail.com with your name and what you want.
2. I'll reply to you with the bank account details. Stick your money in the bank.
3. Come and pick it up, or if you want me to post it to you, pay more (about $15).

Bonus extra: Smile whilst looking good in your club kit!

If you want any extra items, email me and I'll see what we can do.

ttmtb's picture

134 online entries for Collie

There are 134 online entries for Collie this Sunday.

We thought you might like to view who you are racing, so please feel free to open the attached entries list and have a look.

If you have registered online and have a number plate, you simply need to rock up to the start line on time. You do not need to register on the day.

If you don't have your number plate yet, you can collect it from registration on Sunday morning.

If you missed the online registration, you can enter on the day, but there will be a $20 late fee applied.

ttmtb's picture

WAMBA and WESTCYCLE position vacant

This is Brilliant news from WAMBA and WESTCYCLE. Congratulations and well done to all concerned in making this happen!!!

WestCycle and the WA Mountain Bike Association (WAMBA) are looking for a hard working professional with excellent project management skills for the position of Mountain Bike Development Officer.

WestCycle is the peak body for cycling in Western Australia. WestCycle operates at a strategic level to lead and coordinate the development and growth of all forms of cycling in WA.

Silverback's picture

Kids Sprokets 2013

SPROCKETS 2013
JUNIOR MOUNTAIN BIKING PROGRAMME
Ideal for all children wanting to TRY Mountain Biking
PMBC AND ROCK AND ROLL
MOUNTAIN BIKING PRESENTS
Perth Mountain Biking Club would like to invite any 6 to 12 year old children to come and join our FUN clinics with a focus on basic skills with MAXIMUM PARTICIPATION. This programme aims to teach and prepare your child with all the skills they will need to get started in this exciting sport.

ttmtb's picture

Junior Development Camp

PMBC are proud to announce that we are running a Junior Development Camp "JDC" from 12 - 14 July at the Pemberton MTB Park.

Please see the attached flier for further information

The camp is limited to 20 juniors and applications close on Friday 7th June.

Silverback's picture

State XC Round 2 - Collie

Hi All,

Please find all the details for the upcoming State XC Round Two in Collie, we look forward to seeing as many as possible of you there to make this a great race and a fun day for all.

Meeting Point:
From Perth follow signs to Collie. Once in town turn Left (heading North) at Princep St. Turn left at Jones St. Turn right onto Harris River Rd. Travel 4.4km North, you will find Harris River Estate to your right. Drive in the main gates.

Details:

ttmtb's picture

Pemberton Thank You

Below is the email I sent to all of the fantastic people who helped out to make Pemberton such a brilliant week end....... I thought I should share it with everyone.

Can I please say a massive heartfelt thank you to every single one of you for the fantastic work you did to make the "Giant Bicycles State Round No'1" at Pemberton the success that it was.

MPN's picture

MTBA Club Rules

MTBA Club racing rules and guidelines and be found here:

regards

PMBC Committee

ttmtb's picture

Pemberton Presentations and Meals on Sat May 4

The Presentations and Dinner meals will be at the Glouster Motel on Ellis Street in Pemberton. (Not at the Sports Club)

The free finger food will be served at about 6.00pm, the main meals will be served from 6.45pm

Presentations will take place at 6.30 pm

A selection of pasta meals are $25 per Adult and $15 for Children. You MUST book your meals before hand please!

Please book your meals with directly with the Glouster Motel on 97761266 and say you are there for the PMBC MTB race.

Thanks Very Much.

Tony Tucknott
tonymtb@bigpond.com

ttmtb's picture

XC State Series Race Dates

#1 Pemberton, 4 - 5 May 2013 = Double header worth 20% extra points

#2 Collie, 2 June 2013 = new race on Rays Trail

#3 Marrinup, 7 July 2013

#4 Turner Hill, 11 August 2013

#5 Goat Farm, 1 September 2013 = this is round 5 and state championships combined, also worth 20% extra points for the series.

Keep your eye on the PMBC website for race updates and entries in the month leading up to the actual event.

ttmtb's picture

Entries for Giant Bicycles State XC series Rd 1 at Pemberton close Wed 1st May

Welcome to the 2013 PMBC XC State Series. A huge thanks and a big welcome to Giant Bicycles for being part of the PMBC state XC series and becoming naming rights sponsors for Round 1 of the series.

General XC Series Information

There are a total of 5 races in the series including the state champs. All 5 rounds count towards points for the series.

The Giant Bicycles Pemberton XC 1 is an awesome venue to open the state series with. Pemberton fires up with the double header race format on SATURDAY 4th MAY

Silverback's picture

PMBC & Rock 'n' Roll Mountain Biking Presents Giant Bicycles XC Club Series Race 2 - Goat Farm 7/4/13

PMBC AND ROCK ‘N’ ROLL MOUNTAIN BIKING PRESENTS
GIANT BICYCLES XC CLUB SERIES RACE 2

Welcome to the 2013 Giant Bicycles PMBC XC club series. The second round of racing is being held at the Goat Farm MTB Park, Midland on 7th of April 2013.

This series is proudly being organized and supported by Rock ‘n’ Roll Mountain Biking.
TOURS.RIDE.CLINICS.HIRE
http://www.rockandrollmountainbiking.com.au

This series is proudly being sponsored and supported by Giant Bicycles Australia.
http://www.giant-bicycles.com

Entries
Entries are now open and can be found at:

Silverback's picture

Minutes from the PMBC AGM 2013 & Committe Meeting 19/01/2013

Hi All,

Please find below links to theminutes from the PMBC AGM 2013 & Committe Meeting 19/01/2013.

As always we encourage and welcome current and new members to come along and join in on the important work the committee and volunteers do to help make and keep PMBC a vibrant and great club to be a member of.

Regards

Chris Park

AGM: http://perthmtb.asn.au/node/40962

GM 29/01/2013: http://perthmtb.asn.au/node/40965

Silverback's picture

**Date Change** PMBC Meeting Moved Back to 9th of April

Hi Everyone,

The next Committee meeting will be on the 9th of April @ 6.30pm at DSR (Dept of Sports & Rec) in Leederville.

We would love to see some old and new faces come along and get involved as we have lots of things big and small that you can do to help us make the club races, state rounds and the social side of the club as great as it can be.

We will be discussing extensions to the track at Marrinup and our new proposed timing system at the meeting along with finding help in running a number of upcoming events including the new Collie event in June.

MPN's picture

Club Volunteers

Howdy All

PMBC are currently looking for volunteers to assistance in the running of the club and races.

You do not need any skills base, just the willingness to assist in helping the club to grow stronger.

We are presently looking for a general secretary, marshalls and good spirited helpers.

If you want to help at any of the races or behind the scenes, please feel free to email me at;

martnuge@hotmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Martin Nugent

ttmtb's picture

XC Information for 2013

There are still a number of questions being asked about the XC racing for 2013, hopefully the information below will help answer these questions.

The first 2 races of the season (Jarrahdale and easy GF)are PMBC "Club" races and will be raced A,B,C and D Grade. see the race information for further details on which class to enter.

These first 2 races are NOT a series, do not have points allocated and are stand alone races. they also have no bearing on the state series.

The state series consists of 5 races that will be raced as normal elite, expert and age group as per normal:

MPN's picture

Stromlo 2013 national champs

Hot news from the nationals.

Kate Swain takes second in female Vets

Darcy Pirrota takes second in under 17 men

Jon Gregg - second in masters men, followed by Simon Dec in 14th and Tony Tucknott in 16th.

Franz Van Zeal - 3rd in super masters.

What a fantastic effort from members of Perth Mountain Bike Club

With more racing tomorrow and downhill results to come.

Congratulation to them all.

MPN

ttmtb's picture

Dirt Crits

Are you interested in racing Dirt Crits again..................Excellent, so are we.

But we need your help to do it.

Craig Cooke is no longer able to stage these awesome events that were held at Garvey Park in Ascot. The Belmont shire are behind us, but we someone to organize and run these events if you want them to happen.

Traditionally, we have run them on a Tuesday evening twice a year in blocks of 3 or 4 weeks at a time.

So the bottom line is, if you would like these to happen, we need some enthusiastic PMBC club members to step forward and run them.

ttmtb's picture

Fund Raising for a great Cause

Cathi Dixon and the Midland Cycling club are holding a great fund raising night to be held on Saturday the 9th February.

Cathi is just coming back from a horific cycling crash in Europe and MCC are trying to replace the bikes that were stollen from the Velodrome.

Please come along and support this worthy cause.

See the attached flier

ttmtb's picture

XC, Enduro, and CX race dates for 2013

WAMBA are currectly compiling the complete WA MTB calendar and will have it printed and distributed in February.

In the mean time we thought you might like to know the dates and venues for Cross Country, Enduro and Cyclo Cross racing in WA.

NB; the first 2 PMBC Club races will be graded A, B, C and D grade, not age grouped as is normally done.

There are 5 State Series XC races and all 5 count towards series points (no dropped round this year)

Best Mountain Bike