Elite men - 5 1/2
Expert men – 4 1/2
Vets – 4 1/2
Elite women – 4 1/2
Expert Women – 3 1/2

Tempest's picture

Perth MTB Club Kit order

Below is a preview, click to read the full post

So the time of the year has come around for the Kit Order.

I know plenty of people have been asking me when it would be available, so here is your chance.

This year, I have slimmed down the options based on what people ordered last year.

Full Zip Jerseys - $90
Elite Bib Knicks - $140
Elite Knick Shorts - $125
Elite Skinsuit - $165 (for the CX freaks and track riders)

The kit comes from Tripleplay, and is some of the best I have ever had, it looks great in photos too, as it really stands out from the background.

Sizing is in this brochure:

MPN's picture

XC4 Race Rego Closes TODAY

Rego closes tonight at 8pm.

Martin Nugent
PMBC

MPN's picture

PMBC Rules and Guidelines

Perth Mountain bike Club races under Club Rules and Guidelines, please see link below for further information.

http://www.mtba.asn.au/resources/clubs-a-promote...

These rules are current and up to date as of 19th May 2012.

Best regards

Martin Nugent

maxfacta's picture

Avanti and Scott demo tour - Jarrahdale

The Avanti and Scott demo tour is coming to Jarrahdale! This offers the public the chance to test how a range of the latest high end Avanti and Scott mountain bikes perform out on the trail.

Where: Langford Park, Nettleton Road, Jarrahdale

When: Sunday 3rd June, 8am – 3pm

BYO: Helmet, Shoes & Pedals, Photo ID

To see a list of demo bikes, or for more information visit http://www.thedemotour.co.nz/Australia/

ttmtb's picture

PMBC XC round 4 Avanti Plus Demo Day Marinup

Thanks to Avanti Plus Cannington for sponsoring our next race. On top of that here is an offer you may like to take advantage of...........................

The Avanti and Scott National Demo Bike Tour will be in town and the complete demo fleet plus our own fleet will be at the race. What is even better is that we are offering these bikes available to any entrant to race with on the day. We have coined the event Race Like A Pro.

trackman's picture

Trail maintenance at Marrinup and Turner Hill

Jamie Campbell Trails will be carrying out maintenance and repairs on both the Marrinup and Turner Hill trails over the next month or so. The work will generally be carried out during the week and left open on the weekends. For your safety please obey any on trail signage and respect any trail closures that may occur.

This maintenance is part of PMBC's commitment to help preserve, maintain and enhance our precious trail network for years to come.

Cheers

Trackman

Tempest's picture

Sprockets Junior Clinics

PMBC have teamed up with Rock n Roll MTB'ing to present the Sprockets Junior MTB clinics.

Please see the attached flyer for details.

Thanks,
Greg

Tempest's picture

Australian Cyclocross National Series

I have had some discussions coming off the back of our successful summer 'cross series with the organisers of the first ever Australian national series. I have been able to get some dates out of them, and plan to make it to two of the rounds.

The 6 round national Series will be held over 3 weekends from July to September, and will feature 2 races per weekend to maximise the value for those that will travel.

Round 1 and 2 - Melbourne
14th July - Trailmix
15th July - Brunswick (Dirty Deeds)

Round 3 and 4 - Adelaide

ttmtb's picture

PMBC club meeting 1st May

The next PMBC club meeting will be held at the Balmoral Hotel in Vic Park on Tuesday 1st of May. Starting at 6.30pm sharp. Everyone is welcome.

ttmtb's picture

Pemberton Acommodation

We have a hand full of beds still available at the Pemberton Camp school for this week ends race.

Dormitory style accommodation with small rooms sectioned off. comforatbly sleeps 4 friends or a family of 4. (or 1's and 2's, doesn't have to be 4)

It is $26 per night per person, per night or $19 for kids 5 - 16. The correct cash is payable to PMBC (Jenny Tucknott will be looking after it) on arrival. We then pay the camp school in one lump sum.

If you are intersted please contact me at tonymtb@bigpond.com

ttmtb's picture

Pemberton XC Rd2 Fully Loaded = UPDATE

Entries for Pemberton are now avaialable on the following link:

https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.as...

Entries extended to 5 pm Thursday 19 April (they did close at 11.59pm on Wednesday 18 April)

Entries are not encouraged on the day due to the tight time frame we are running to. However, If you do manage to rock up in Pemberton without entering online, there will be a $30 late fee imposed.

Please read the important information attached below.

Especially info on the "Food options" and Acommodation in the "Important Info" PDF

More attachments added 16/4/12

Tempest's picture

12 hour organiser found

Thanks to those volunteers who've expressed an interest in helping us to put on this fantastic race yet again.

Thanks,
Greg

ttmtb's picture

CX This weekend! online entries HERE

Enter online for this weekends CX State Championships here.

NB: A Grade riders are to have tyres no wider than 35mm for the State Championships

Tempest's picture

PMBC riders dominant at Pemberton Classic road race

While many of you spent the weekend in Northcliffe racing the Karri Cup, a handful of Perth MTB Club riders took on the Pemberton Classic Road Race. The Saturday afternoon Crit up and down the main st of Pemberton had a good crowd and great atmosphere for all those riding. The tight and technical nature of the course lent itself well to the skills of the mountain bikers who were able to use the corners to their advantage.

ttmtb's picture

XC Nationals Report

Please enjoy the attached photos and XC report about the national championships recently held in Adelaide.

This report has also been submitted to Cycling WA and will appear in their next edition of the "Omnium" magazine.

ttmtb's picture

Teams Relay at Nationals

This is just a taste of the Nationals as I will write a full report in the next few days. the report will be published here and in the Cycling WA "Omnium" magazine.

The photo is of the PMBC team that placed third in the teams relay.

Masters rider = Damon Wilmore.
Junior rider = Reece Tucknott.
Woman rider = Sarah Tucknott.
Open rider = Robbie Rhodes.

Our other PMBC team that finished a close fifth as well comprised of:

Masters rider = Simon Dec.
Junior rider = Darcy Pirotta.
Woman rider = Stef Van Amerongen.
Open rider = Rowan Brown.

ttmtb's picture

PMBC Rock n Roll MTB XC race 1 Jarrahdale UPDATED 6/3/12

Welcome to the 2012 PMBC XC Race Series. There are a total of 6 races in the series, with your best 5 rounds counting towards points for the series.

The first race of the series is at Jarrahdale on 25.3.12 and is proudly supported by Mark and Jenny Wardle of "Rock and Roll MTB"

We recommend you join as a MTBA member before entering for the series. It is cheaper to be a MTBA member than buy 6 day licenses.

You need to do at least 3 rounds to qualify for series points

You need to be a PMBC and MTBA member to qualify for series points

ttmtb's picture

PMBC tent site at the Nationals

PMBC are hiring a 6 x 3 tent and tent site at the MTB Nationals in Adelaide for it's members to use. This is costing the club $ 575.

So if you are a PMBC member and going to the Nationals you are welcome to share the tent with other PMBC members. you simply need to bring your own chair.

Look for the PMBC banner in the village area. Look forward to seeing you there.

more information can be found here:

http://www.eaglechamps.com.au/cms/

ttmtb's picture

PMBC pay Junior Entries 2012 MTB Nationals Adelaide again

Once again the MTB Nationals are fast approaching and are on 23 - 26 February in Adelaide.

And once again PMBC will honouring it's commitment to support any PMBC juniors (U15, U17, U19)going to the Nationals in paying for their entry to the value of the XC entry (which is $80)

So if you are a PMBC member and compete at the Nationals we will pay $80 towards your entry fee.

Simply contact me after the Nationals with the following deails and we will transfer the money into your bank account;

Name =
Class =
MTBA No'=
Bank details =

Tempest's picture

Bicycles for Humanity

I received this Email from Bicycles for Humanity last night. Please help out if you can. A bicycle that you dont want any more may completely change someone's life in Africa.

If you dont have a spare bike to give, but enjoy working on bikes as a hobby, perhaps you can contribute to fixing some before they go on the boat.

Greg

Hello,

I would like to introduce you to Bicycles for Humanity, one of Perth’s newest volunteer organisations, and being absolutely upfront, ask the Perth Mountain Bike Club to partner with us.

ttmtb's picture

2012 XC Calendar (Update from STM)

We are getting closer to locking the dates in for the 2012 XC season.

We have just had confirmation from Dunsborough that they are good for saturday afternoon 11 August.

The Dunsborough race will be a 2 or 3 hour,(depending on your class) solo only enduro and will count for normal XC series points. A few more points will probably be on this event (like Pemberton is) to reward you for riding longer.

4 March - Karri Cup Northcliffe

25th March - Jarrahdale (PMBC Points Series)

1st April - Single Track Minds 4 hour (revised date from 15th)

ttmtb's picture

Entries open for CX Round 2 Midvale Speedome

Entries are open for the PMBC Cyclocross, round 2 at the Midvale Speedome on Saturday, January 14 at 5pm

Entires can be found here:

Further information can be found on Greg's post here:

http://perthmtb.asn.au/node/33056

ttmtb's picture

Notice of the PMBC AGM

The 2012 PMBC AGM will be held on Tuesday 7 Feburary at DSR at 6.30 pm.

Further information will be posted soon and all members will be emailed the information as well.

Ask yourself, not what my club can do for me, but what I can do for my club................ (gee, sounds like I heard that somewhere before?)

Anyway, ALL positions are up for renewal and some new blood and ideas would be welcomed.

Thanks, Greg, TT and 2011 committee

ttmtb's picture

National Junior Track Report

National Junior Track Series – Perth Round Dec 10

65 of the best Eastern States riders joined 35 local riders in the NJTS Under 15 and Under 17 classes at the Speed Dome in Midvale on Saturday Dec 10. The level of competition was truly National Championships quality.

The Perth Mountain Bike Club and Mountain Bike Australia were proud to enter a team in this event. All of our riders can hold their heads high after putting in very competitive performances throughout the day, predominantly in the endurance events, which is of no surprise.

Our team consisted of;
• Reece Tucknott U17

Best Mountain Bike