More "Fun Factor" for the 2012 Act Belong Commit Dwellingup 100.
As you may have already heard we have been forced to make some serious changes to the course layout for the 2012 Act Belong Commit Dwellingup 40 and 100 km events.
These changes are going to add a serious amount more "Fun Factor" to the event.
The course is now essentially a two lap course of the Northern loop. The first lap is 40 kms long taking in "Hells Gate" and Marrinup, the second lap is 60 kms long taking in Turner Hill, Hells gate and Marrinup again.
There are numerous advantages to the new course lay out:
• Nowhere near as hilly as the old 40 km loop.
• Still challenging enough to test you.
• More achievable for first timers.
• More fun for veteran mountain bikers.
• More "Single track"..................Lots more than the old 40 km loop
• Your average speed will be higher (More chance of cracking a top 10 on Strava)
• More encouraging for existing 40 km riders to do the whole 100 km event
• You don't have to ride UP "Big Bertha" you get to ride down "Hells Gate" instead.
• You get to do the awesome Marrinup XC course (twice if you do the 100 km)
• You will know how hard to hit all the jumps the second time around Marrinup
• The course will be perfectly swept clean and compacted on the second lap
• The course will be faster and even easier to navigate on the second lap.
• Will be massively better for spectators.
• More "Single track"................fast flowing single track.........oh yeah!
But wait................there's more:
As an added bonus the 100 km riders don't have to ride all the way out Dell Park rd on the second lap. We have dumped 3 kms of bitumen and replaced it with 3 kms of fire road and single track to get you out there.
The start times have been changed to avoid the fast 100 km riders catching the slower 40 km riders towards the end of the course. The start times have also been changed so that the fast 40 km riders have a chance to pass the slower 100 km riders before the race heads into the single track.
Track preparation is going well and we are really excited about the new course lay out.............we hope you are as well.
For more information click on this link:
Tony Tucknott and D100 Team.